Physical description p. Series Studies in feminist philosophy. Online Available online. Oxford Scholarship Online Full view. Green Library.
Gender in the Mirror: Cultural Imagery & Women's Agency
M Unknown. More options. Find it at other libraries via WorldCat Limited preview. Bibliography Includes bibliographical references p. Summary The cultural imagery of women is deeply ingrained in our consciousness. So deply, in fact, that feminists see this as a fundamental threat to female autonomy because it enshrines procreative heterosexuality as well as the relations of domination and subordination between men and women.
This book is about this cultural imagery - and how, once it is internalized, it shapes perception, reflection, judgement, and desire. Categories : 21st-century American philosophers Action theorists American women philosophers Ethicists Philosophers of language Feminist philosophers Living people University of Chicago alumni University of Connecticut faculty. Hidden categories: Articles lacking reliable references from January All articles lacking reliable references BLP articles lacking sources from January Year of birth missing living people. Namespaces Article Talk.
Views Read Edit View history. Janice Haaken.
Prismatic Media, Transnational Circuits. The Stalled Revolution. Professor John Edmonds. Jewish Women in Therapy. Rachel J Siegel.
Feminist Philosophy of Religion (Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy)
Men of Letters, Writing Lives. Trev Lynn Broughton.
- Submissive Desires?
- Gender in the Mirror: Cultural Imagery and Women's Agency?
- Salvation and Globalization in the Early Jesuit Missions.
- FEMINIST ROLE MODEL PROFILES: EUGENIE CLARKE, AMELIA EARHART & 2016 U.S. OLYMPIANS.
- 1. Introduction?
- Energy Relations in the Euro-Mediterranean: A Political Economy Perspective.
- The Archaeology of Plural and Changing Identities: Beyond Identification!
Body Work. Sylvia K.
Gender in the Mirror: Cultural Imagery and Women's Agency
Feminist Policymaking in Chile. Liesl Haas. The Routledge Handbook of Gender and Development. Anne Coles.
- Gender in the mirror : cultural imagery and women's agency in SearchWorks catalog.
- Join Kobo & start eReading today.
- Using Picture Books to help Raise Empathetic, Open-Minded Children;
Women and the Family. Beth Hess. Entering the Picture.
Also Available In:
Jill Fields. Being Yourself. Diana Tietjens Meyers. Mother Time. Margaret Urban Walker. Victims' Stories and the Advancement of Human Rights. Poverty, Agency, and Human Rights.
- Dexter By Design!
- Memoirs of My Nervous Illness (New York Review Books Classics).
- Accountability in Nursing and Midwifery?
- Structural Approaches in Public Health.
- Log in to Wiley Online Library!
- Library Hub Discover.
- Similar books and articles.
Feminist Social Thought.